No Bicycle Voter's Guide/Vote NO For Prop A.

After much deliberation, I'm not going to do a Voters Guide for 2023. I feel like the universe is trying to tell me something and from all indications, it's telling me don't do one this year. I'm personally tired of being the only one doing this and with FB and Twitter throttling my outreach, well there's really no point. 

2017 City Council Elections prove that there's a silent majority out there wanting safer streets, increase trail access and more bicycle infrastructure. The last three elections wasn't all for nothing.  Because of my efforts and you going to the polls, Buena Vista now has a protected bicycle lane, VIA is committed to keeping fares low and unlike other bigger metropolitan areas that have passenger rail, VIA isn't cutting bus service.
 
My experience doing this to say the least, a learning experience into local politics. The average voter of San Antonio can be described as a Conservative Democrat. The average person running for office is a "naive member of society" trying to make San Antonio great again. And when they're desperate for votes, they'll start contacting you out of the blue, even slandering you left and right when you don't reply.  I can't be certain, but I think that some of Brockhouse's people showed up to my residences. The thing is I was in Ohio when that happened. For the record, I'm a long haul truck driver and for medical reasons from my mom, I'm unable to live there at that time even though my drivers license is addressed to said residence. 

|I haven't decided if I'm going to do a bicycle voters guide for 2025. To do any outreach, you must now do it the old fashion way.  Unfortunately it requires a lot of time and effort which I don't have.  But fear not, I do have a list of people who you shouldn't even bother to vote for.  

As for Prop A, I'm voting against it.  I'm not against abortion, marijuana or any of the other things listed in the Prop. I am against the part where it will turn anything stolen that is less than $750 of value into a class B misdemeanor.  The reason for this is simple, my bicycle is worth less than $750 in value and I don't own a car.  Yes, I might possess a Class A CDL and drive an 18 wheeler long haul, but I don't own a car.  My bicycle is my car and if it's ever stolen and by chance I catch the perp stealing my bicycle, chances are, he'll be released from custody. To me, and the key word is 'me', my bicycle is worth $2000.  According to the law and chances are, the officer making the arrest, it will at most be worth $350.  I wish that our city leaders would put in separate props the abortion, the marijuana an no choke holds for I would vote yes for those props. The video above is the reason why I'll be voting against Prop A. 

Sources:

Here's How Costly It Is to Catch A Thief In California:  https://youtu.be/4qjblakl-X8

San Antonio to vote on progressive wish list on abortion, marijuana, low-level arrests:  https://www.texastribune.org/2023/04/20/election-san-antonio-proposition-a-abortion/

🚳 Anti-Cycling Candidates🚳:  https://aatblog210.blogspot.com/p/anti-cycling-candidates.html

Early Vote Information:  https://www.bexar.org/2237/Early-Vote-Information

Sample Ballot 2023 (This is a Download):  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj_uMGwi9f-AhW9IDQIHcEiCEMQFnoECBAQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sanantonio.gov%2FPortals%2F0%2FFiles%2FCampaignFinanceElection%2FSample-Ballot-May-6-2023.pdf%3Fver%3D2023-04-04&usg=AOvVaw06iPu25l9A_PvTJqmyPdDs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Propaganda that Makes Transportation Sucks / Part II - Why Transportation sucks in America

All Transportation Requires WELFARE, Always Has / Part III Why Transportation sucks in America

The Consequences of our Transporation System/ Part I - Why Transportation Sucks in America